Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Cards 2011 part three - last one

Before I show you the cards I made for the 3 middle grandsons, I need to share a funny story about today. I had to go in for another acupuncture treatment this morning and while waiting for my turn I was right beside the receptionist's desk so I couldn't help but overhear the receptionist as she talked to someone who called.
I could only hear one side of the conversation of course but it was pretty obvious the caller was not very knowledgeable about acupuncture. Here is a gist of the conversation after she explained the cost of each visit.

 - "Some people only have to come for three treatments and some longer. It depends on their condition"
 - "Of course you can go to work while having treatments"
 - "No, it won't matter that he may have to treat your feet"
 - "Why do you think you won't be able to work just because he is treating your feet?"
 - "No, he doesn't leave the needles in your feet when you leave!"
 - "No, honestly, the needles are not left in when you leave."
 - "Yes, the needles are very small."
 - "It doesn't matter that he is treating your feet. He never leaves the needles in anyone when they leave."
 - "You will be able to work while having treatment. He does not leave the needles in!"

...the caller and receptionist ends the call and as soon she hangs up she looks at me and we both burst out laughing. I asked her if that was a new one or had she heard it before and she confirmed it was a first! She's still not sure the caller believes that the needles are not left in. Too funny!

OK, on with the show!

Here are the cards I made for the 3 and 6 year old grandsons....similar but different enough they can tell who's is whose.


I found this card in a very old card book that I bought at the book sale last year. I was flipping thru my card idea books and stumbled across this one. The boys love cars so I figured they would get a kick out of the carrot car. Buttons were used for tires. I realized after I downloaded the cards that the bunnies don't have a very pronounced nose- just a little bump there - so I am adding a pink nose to each one. the tags were cut from a set from Provo Craft for the Cuttlebug and I printed out the Easter Wishes from the computer. Pearl halves were glued on instead of a brad.

The oldest grandson is 11. So hard to come up with ideas for an 11 year old boy - and yes, I know, boys don't give a hoot about cards - my hubby keeps telling me that but then again, if Grandma doesn't send a card he may feel left out so I'm not taking any chances.  Here's his very simple Easter card.


So simple to make! I just cut three eggs from patterned cardstock (except the striped paper on the right was just paper, not cardstock so I glued a piece from an old card on the back before cutting it out), I cut the grass from some crinkly paper (same paper I used for the carrot top on the other cards) I had and glued it on top. I used the same tags as the ones for the younger boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...