Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Cards 2011 part two

Wow, I'm almost too tired to even type right now. Today we had a quilting bee workshop to make more comfort quilts for kids suffering traumas from fire, accidents, etc. We had 18 sewers and about 6 of us helpers. They sewed, we did all the pressing and cutting and boy did they keep us hopping! Glad it ended at 3:00 so I could come home and rest a bit before I return for the evening regular quilt guild meeting. It was a fun day but tiring.

So, back to the cards. I finally decided on cards for the grandchildren. For the baby I used a cute bunny stamp. Purple is Finn's mother's favorite colour so that's why I used purple paper. Here is Finn's card.

Coloured with my Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Oval and scallop cut by using Spellbinder dies. The paper ribbon is just from my stash.

My oldest grandchild is my only granddaughter. I did something a little different for her this year. She is really not a girly, girly girl but I decided to make a girly card anyway. Here is Kadri's card.



The fancy squares were cut out using a die from Provo Craft made for the Cuttlebug. It came in a package with 4 different dies and I like this one the best. The flowers are just little paper flowers and I added the flower brads in the centre. I printed out the wording on paper and then cut them out using the smallest scallop rectangle die and left the die in while I sponged on blue chalk.

I'll post the boys cards tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...