Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One of my nicest thoughts card

This card just sort of fell together in a flash. It's like that sometimes, but not nearly often enough. I usually spend more time fussing over what papers to use, what ribbon to use, what embellishments to use, etc. then it does to actually make the card. but this one came together so fast it astonished me - and I like it!

Cut and embossed the saying with my Spellbinder rectangle die and then cut out the scallop rectangle with another die and the yarn is cut from a skein I picked up on sale at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago. The butterfly is one that came packaged with butterflies, leaves, sea shells and small frames from Michael's that my sister-in-law decided to buy for me - and I didn't protest. The only thing I didn't like about them was that they punch out with a different colour around them. I think this one had a pink edge so I have to trim each one. They don't have antennas either so I just drew them in. The butterfly is popped up for extra dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...