Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter 2009 Layout 1

I really like how this layout turned out. I was able to fit 8 pictures on the two pages all of which captured the fun we had Easter morning when Barbi and the boys came over for a visit. The paper is all from my stash and I always cut off the 1/2" strip that has the manufacturers name on it as soon as I get home so I never know where the paper comes from. Save that strip! Don't throw that 12" strip away. They usually have a print on one side and even if it is plain white, you sometimes need a plain white strip. That strip across the centre of the page is likely two of those very strips. My daughter Maryanne gave me some chocolates in an Elvis tin for Christmas one year. I think I threw most of the chocolates out (sorry dear I'm just not a chocolate lover) but I loved the tin (and anything Elvis which is why she gave it to me in the first place) and the tin happened to be 12" long so that's what I save all my strips in.

The flowers on the left were stamped from a Stampin' Up stamp set I scored at Value Village (brand new $3.99 - Yes!) which I stamped first in a yellow and then touched the edges in brown ink for a two done look. After they were stamped I cut them out and pounced a little more brown in the middle and around the edges. I hate white edges on anything! The flowers on the right side were cut out using a Tim Holtz die and the leaves were a Sizzix die. Love my dies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...