Friday, July 29, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry July 29, 2011

Another Friday again - and another hot and humid day. So wishing this heat wave, or at least the humid wave, would disperse! Enough already. It's going to be in the high 80's and even 90's this weekend! Yikes!

Yesterday I tried to go back to regular scrapbooking. Boy was that hard after "playing" for a couple of days making the mixed media canvas piece. I keep looking at it and it's far from being good so I decided to try to add some charcoal around the edges a bit but I used gloss medium and nothing seems to stick to it. Oh well, it was just a practice piece. I enjoyed making it though so I think I'll continue to experiment with the mixed media art. Note to self - buy more supplies of the right kind!!!!


This week, Stampin' Bella's challenge was do make a Christmas card - well, that was easy for me as that's what I've been working on for the last two weeks. I hate having to rush to get my Christmas cards ready to mail while I'm trying to make Christmas gifts at the same time.
Here is my entry: - another Stella Card.


I started out colouring her dress, hat and boots with my Twinkling H20's that I found in a drawer and had forgotten about. I like them but not very bright so I added some Stickles which I happened to have in the same colour which helped a bit. The background papers are from my stash of small pieces. The three little light wine coloured dew drops along the right edge were clear ones that I tinted myself with Alcohol Inks that I gave instructions for in a much earlier post. I have made several custom colours using this method.

I welcome your comments and if you have a blog of your own, feel free to leave it on the comment section so I and others can view your work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...