Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry July 8, 2011

I know, I know, it's Saturday. Sometimes I post the Bellarific card on a Thursday so this just makes up for it. I've been making my Christmas cards (I don't like leaving things to the last minute) and I simply forgot about posting it. Our quilt guild is having Christmas in July at the next meeting so I thought I'd make and take a few Christmas cards along.

Here it is:

I think the stamp is called Stella all Tangled or something like that. I coloured it with my Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and added some glitter. Cut out the oval and the fancy scalloped oval with Spellbinder dies and chalked a bit of pink around Stella and added more Stickles. The back ground is one large piece with the solid red added at the bottom. The challenge this week was using ribbon - easy one for me as I add ribbon to almost every card. I love this red ribbon with the gold running thru it and wish I knew where I bought it so I could get some more. It's about gone. It is thick so it doesn't make a real nice loopy bow so I simply gathered it to form loops and they are held together with glue dots. I added a gold tin poinsettia in the middle and then added the sentiment which is a die cut tin thingy. I'm so technical aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...