Friday, July 8, 2011

Sympathy Card using wall-paper

This sympathy card was made from wall-paper samples. A friend of mine gave me a sample book and I've used it a few times. It does make nice cards but cannot be used in scrapbook pages as they are anything but acid free.

For this card I cut out the pretty pink roses and then took the co-ordinating striped paper and cut out a scalloped oval using the larges Spellbinders die and my Cuttlebug, flipped it over and added the rubber mats and ran it thru again to emboss it. I positioned the flowers behind it and glued it to the card front. Then I added a ribbon, the sentiment, the corner piece and the gold trim around the edge.

This card was mailed today to a quilting friend who's father just died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...