Friday, September 30, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry September 29, 2011

This week's card challenge was to create a card with "pop". We could interpret "pop" anyway we wanted. Here is my entry.


I ran a silver card base thru the Cuttlebug with the snowflake embossing folder and for contrast - a gold ribbon. Then I cut out and embossed four of the Deckled Edge dies from Spellbinders. While the cardstock was still in the die, I inked it with Tattered Rose Distress Ink, then stacked them with glue dots between to separate them. I hope this qualifies for "pop" because it definitely pops off the page. On the smallest rectangle I stamped the small Bella Christmas ball in gold and embossed it. I added clear glitter to the ball to make it looks frosted and added Stickles to the leaves and holly berries.

I had so much fun making this card, I made another one.

I had this little gingerbread man (I think from Hot off the Press) coloured up and just sitting there so I used it for the top rectangle, only using three this time. The gingerbread man was coloured with tea dye distress ink. I just push the lids down to get some ink on them, and use a paint brush dipped in water and paint with the ink. Works great and I get lots of different colours. Sometimes I just use the ink as shading after using my TomBow markers. Any ink works too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...