Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Reindeer Silhouette Card

We had a little snow here in Chatham over night...enough to cover the grass. Hubby looked outside and "This is a disaster"! OK, a little bit over reacting maybe? He hates winter and snow to the point of ridiculous. There was not enough snow to even cover the driveway so no shoveling involved. Too funny!

Today I'm sharing a card that I shamelessly stole the idea from Michelle Zindorf....although I did change it up a bit to make it my own.

I took a piece of green cardstock and sponged some darker green Distress Ink here and there to add some depth. Then I tore a piece of paper and placed on the right bottom corner and sponged the same green around the edges to make the hill. Then I stamped the reindeer (Dancer from Stampin' Up) on top of the hill. I used the same Distress ink and really smeared the ink on to get a solid image. The sentiment was stamped with the same ink. Then I used my snowflake punch to punch out three snowflakes.
I mounted it on a red plaid paper, and then onto a red card base. I would have liked to add a bit of ribbon but this is a small card and I thought it would distract the image. Fun card to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...