Monday, November 7, 2011

Two card by inking embossing folders.

It's Monday at 11:00 am as I start to write this....and I'm having a crappy day so far. I woke up feeling pretty good and made it to Aqua Fit. The instructor decided some were talking too much and he turned the music off and turned a high pitch sound on - OK, that's not good for people like me who have two brain disorders. High pitch sounds are one of my worse triggers for painful spasms - and I have lots of things that trigger them. I left the pool early - and one of my friends explained to him why I had to leave and he promised not do it again. Good to hear - good to have friends that look after me! (Thanks Jane)

Then, to make the day worse, I stopped on my way home at my dentist because I have had a tooth bothering me for almost two weeks and I just decided last night that it just might be abscessed. They are so nice at Grand West Dental and told me if I could wait and he would see me. I was just expecting to get an appointment. Bad news, I have an abscess. Worse news, it's in the gum and bone and I may lose the tooth. Great!  

Gets worse – the sister-in-law made an appointment at 12:00 noon and needed us there to sign some papers. No lunch first so by the time we got home and made a sandwich it was well after 1:00 and I already had a headache starting. Oh boy, I should have stayed in bed today.

But you know what? A little art therapy does wonder for the mental state. I went down to my “lower studio” (aka the basement) and did some stamping and colouring and felt like a new person by 5:00.

So on with the cards! This is first card was a favorite of the above-mentioned friend, Jane, liked so well she wanted me to post it back in September but I told her I would not be posting it til at least November so she came and took a picture of it so she could make one too.



Hope I remember how I did it now! The card base is made from shiny paper that matches the ink I used. I won the paper so no idea who made it. I then inked up a roller with ink and rolled it over the debossing side of an embossing folder, inserted a piece of white cardstock and rolled it slowly thru the Cuttlebug and then reversed it slowly. I’m sure most card makers have tried this but just in case you haven’t, it works really well but do go slowly. It takes time for the ink to absorb into the paper. You may want to try small pieces of paper and some ink to find one that works well. Some inks work better then others. Then I just cut the embossed piece into a circle with a Spellbinder die and inked the edges with the same ink.

It was the white lace behind the circle that Jane liked so much and she thought I had one of those large square dies. No, none. I ran some white cardstock thru the Xyron machine, and cut out eight squares using a Cuttlebug 2 x2 Vintage corner die, removed the Xyron paper and adhered them on the card. Cool! Then I cut out two snowflakes using a Spellbinder die again and adhered them with a dark blue snowflake brad. Not the quickest card to make but not too bad either. I decided it was a still a little plain so I stamped words in the corners and called it done.


I made this card using the same inking up an embossing folder technique. This one was a little quicker to put together.
A much quicker card to make for sure. I used a Spellbinder label for behind the embossed circle and the background paper was cut from a sheet with the green piece edged with the lace border punch - and inked edges of course.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...