Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Skateboarder Card

Sunday morning - and the first day of Daylight Savings. Did you remember to turn your clocks back an hour?
Such a pain turning clocks back. This is hubby's job and he takes it seriously! In fact, he starts just after lunch on Saturday which drives me crazy. I never know when I look for the time if he has turned it back or not and every clock in the house is different because he just does it when he comes to a clock, not all at once. My job is to do all the other electronic gadgets - and I don't do them til Sunday morning - which probably drives him crazy come to think of it. Fair is fair!

On to the card. I forgot I had this card in my photographed folder of cards I have made. It was made for my grandson, Jack, when he turned six last year....and was taking skateboarding lessons.

It's a little bit of a lot of things. The scrabble like tiles came from a sheet of them I just cut apart and inked the edges and glued them to coloured cardstock. The skateboarder I made myself from a die from Sizzix. You die cut each part in your chosen colours, and then assemble...sort of like doing a jigsaw puzzle. Time consuming, but fun. I gently mounted him on a piece of cardstock with pop dots so Barbi could pop it off and use it on a scrapbook page if she wanted too. Sometimes Jack keeps his cards intact though. The letter 6 was a chipboard piece and I just inked the edges (I hate white edges) and then popped it up on the page too. Some times you just have to make a different looking card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...