Friday, December 30, 2011

Motorcycle Card

This morning I realized that I posted a wall-hanging yesterday that I had already posted earlier...hey, it happens, right! Obviously my system for keeping track of what I've already posted needs some tweaking!

Today I'm posting a card I made for one of my sons-in-law who loves motorcycles. I would be very surprised if any of them read my blog so I think I'm safe posting it. Its sometimes hard to find stamps for masculine cards. I was at our local scrapbooking store, The Paper Pickle, a couple of weeks ago and spotted this motorcycle stamp on the clearance rack for $2.00. It's a Unity stamp. I have never used their stamps because I don't want to buy the holders but Kim assured me that unless you are doing multiple stamping of the same stamp, you don't need the holder. She was right. I can see where the wood would get a little hard on the hands if you were doing more then one or two at a time though.

Here's the card.
I embossed the silhouette image with black embossing powder and then sponged ink around it for the sky and dirt path. It needed something behind him to indicate he was out in the wild so I stamped a tree on the right side. I mounted that panel on a piece of green and die cut and embossed a circle from the same green.The green papers behind the stamped image layer are two pieces from my stash - yup,still using up the stash! I stamped the sentiment on a peel and stick circle and stuck to the green circle at attached it with a brad. Another quick and easy card to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...