Friday, January 6, 2012

Fish Card

No post yesterday - computer problems...and they continue. I finally got the computer working about 10:30 last night but by then I decided it was too late to post anything. The computer is still not working right and I hope my neighbour, the computer guru, can come fix it properly. I can only do so much with them and this time it's beyond my capabilities. 

But, I do have a card to post. With hubby being under the weather for the last three weeks or more I've been down in my lower studio (aka the basement) making cards and painting. I made 28 cards since Christmas...and not one of them was a Christmas card. I will get back to making them to make sure I have them done early for next season, but I needed a break from them.

Today's card is for my cousin's (or second cousin?? still haven't figured that one out) husband. I mailed it off yesterday. He loves to fish so I thought this one would be appropriate.


The striped background paper and the front of the card are from my stash. I cut the oval out of the front part and placed the striped paper behind it - just to be different. The fish actually came from a paper pad I bought at one of the dollar stores that is now closed. It was a Donna Dewberry pad of masculine paper and the fish was printed on watercolour paper ready to paint. I used water colour pencils to do the colouring and then I added some Stickles to add shine and the clear dew drops. It needed a little sentiment and I thought he would likely be wishing he was fishing again so I added the word "wish". There was a little ink under the word (hate it when that happens) so I added squiggly lines to hide it - and I kind of like it - another happy accident. The left side looked bare so I added some fuzzy yarn around the front before gluing it all down.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...