Saturday, January 7, 2012

Kittens Birthday Card

The computer is still running so I thought I might as well make another post!

Hubby actually felt well enough yesterday to go for a walk - glad we didn't stay in on such a mild day. Hopefully he will continue to improve but he still has that awful cough.

Today's card is from a stamp that I haven't used before. I seem to reach for the same old stamps over and over. A friend of mine decided she didn't want to make cards anymore (I cannot image this for myself) and gave me her supply of stamps. Included in them was this little stamp of three kittens. This is the card I created.


I stamped it on watercolour paper and used water colour pencils to colour it. The designer paper is all two sided paper from a paper pack I picked up at the Paper Pickle (that could be a new tongue twister) a couple years ago. I doubt it is still available and I'm almost out of it! The dark paper just happened to match and it came from the Pickle too. The ribbon is from the shoe outlet place. The ribbon looks like it goes right under the stamped image and other rectangle but it doesn't. I have a lot of this colour of bows so I took some apart and ironed them flat so I would have matching ribbon with my bows. I had a piece left over from another project - and of course I kept it! I just cut it into two small pieces to fit each end of the stacked rectangles and I didn't have to cut into a brand new piece....yes, I'm very thrifty! The inside has a birthday verse suitable for a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...