Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ribit-Ribit - Frog Birthday Card

What a beautiful day! The sun is shining and its only -2C - above normal for January in Ontario.

I was working on my jar quilt yesterday afternoon and, once again, was not following the pattern. The actually block was not going to work for my wall-hanging and I had to recalculate how to do the sashings so the jar lids would be in the right place. I finally got it all calculated and started to cut out the black and reached for the second piece of black only to find it was from a different bolt - different all together. Oh no! I had one sashing piece made! For the non-quilters and non-sewers out there, yes, there are many shades of black (and white) as there are other colours! I was so discouraged I just left it. Couldn't be bothered going up to R.B. Fabrics on a Saturday afternoon hoping to find the same black! I'll get back to that jar quilt next week.

So I read for awhile and made another couple of cards. This card was stamped with another one of the stamps my friend gave me. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it at first but then I decided it would make a nice birthday card for a little boy.

I stamped it on watercolour paper and coloured it with watercolour pencils. I've been using them more and more and I like the blending I can get on large surfaces. Went into my stash for some green paper. The strip was cut using a E.K. Success punch and the rectangles were Spellbinders, of course. The two dark green buttons were punched from the same paper (Sizzix die) but then I placed them on Versamark and pressed them down and then dumped them into clear Extra Thick Embossing Powder and heat set them to make them shiny like buttons. The bottom one is a button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...