Monday, January 9, 2012

A Wedding Card

Another Monday - and I made it to Aqua Fit - and man-oh-man what a work out! We had one of the young lifeguards as the instructor and did she work us! Feels good now but I could tell I hadn't been there in a couple of weeks. Unless creating greeting cards, quilting and painting and getting groceries are considered exercising, I haven't done much!!!! Back to it!

Yesterday was a very, very lonnnnnnnng day! We got the phone call in the morning that my sister-in-law had fallen again and this time she broke her arm in two places and they were calling in the surgeon to set it. We got there about 10:30 and didn't get home til almost 8:00 last night. She has two plates and about 15 screws holding it together. Right arm too and she is right handed. This is going to take awhile to heal! 

As soon as I get this posting done and gather up the supplies, I'm off to make quilts that will be donated to ChildCan - an organization in London that donates quilts to each child under age 18 that is diagnosed with cancer. Sad to say that they require many quilts each year. We send as many as we can crank out.

Today's card is a wedding card. It is the only one in my stash so I must make some more.

First I ran some white cardstock thru my Cuttlebug with the flower folder. Then I inked the edges with black for the groom - let's face it, it's the bride's day, right? then I mounted it on to the card base. I cut and embossed and oval with Spellbinder's die and inked the edges of it and then mounted it on a die cut and embossed oval scallop..hard to see in the photo but its there. I stamped the sentiment in silver and added some silver scrolls - peel and stick kind - and added some clear gems to the flower centres. Simple but elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...