Monday, February 20, 2012

Art Journal Monday - Let Your Dreams Take Flight

Today is "Family Day" here in Ontario and because its now a recognized holiday, everything is closed - including the YMCA's normal programs so I had a good excuse for not having to get up at 7:00 to go to Aqua Fit. I'm slowly getting caught up on my sleep - very slowly. I think I need some warm sunshine and walks along a beach - not going to happen, but its free to dream.

Speaking of dreaming, this week's challenge at Stampin' Bella was to make an Art Journal page using ink streaks in the background. That was all the instructions. The rest was up to us. Here's my page.
The ink streaks are there on the left top corner. There are greenish-blue ones beside the purple ones but they are lighter in colour as I put a light coat of gesso over the entire thing before adding the letters and butterfly and I re-did the purple streaks only. I had the background too dark, which I have a tendency to do, so I mixed gesso with water and gave it a quick wash. I really like the way it softened it. The letters were die cut using an alphabet set from ProvoCraft and my Cuttlebug. The butterfly was a Sizzix die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...