Sunday, March 4, 2012

Joven's Congratulatons Tag

My 12 year old grandson, Joven, won first prize at school for his science fair project on archery & fletching and then won for the Grade 7 Engineering & Design category, and is now going on to Regionals. So proud of him..especially because he has dyslexia so the reading and writing are a bit of a challenge - good job he's smart as a whip to overcome it though!  I decided to make him a congratulations card but then decided to do a tag instead so he could use it as a bookmark and then I combined them both.


The tag was inked with various Distress inks and then walnut ink was sponged along the edges. The edges were distressed with my distressing tool and then inked with dark walnut Distress ink. I then stamped the words, stars, etc with Stazon black ink and added a brown ribbon at the top. The tag was then stuck to the front of this card base with repositionable tape so he can take it off and use it as a bookmark...not that he loves to read but that is likely because of his dyslexia. I wrote a nice note on the inside for him.

This is the back of his tag.

I used Tim Holtz repositionable Alphabet masks to spell his name and then spritzed on some spray ink. It looks dark around the edges in the picture but it actually purple. Some of it leaked under the masks - I guess I didn't adhere them strongly enough, but thats OK, it gives it a distressed look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...