Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Playing Pirates - Scrapbook Layout

Today I woke up feeling like a new person! Finally. After about 10 days of pain and weird speech, I feel great and even made it to Aqua Fit! I have no idea why I've rebounded, and I don't even care! OK, speech is better but there are still a few words that I butcher but I don't care about that either. Can you tell I don't worry about anything? Hubby keeps saying that to me "You don't worry about anything, do you?" and I tell him "No, you worry enough for both of us!" ...and that's true! I don't see the point of spending time worrying about something you cannot control. I guess I just live by the Prayer of Serenity.

So, today I'm posting a layout I did about two of my grandsons. They loved it along the shores of Amherstburg because they had a huge anchor there for the kids to climb on. Of course, my boys were pirates, what else!


The background paper is all one piece but I stamped the skull and cross-ones along the lightest strip. I cut the polka dot circle out and then cut a smaller one out making sure it was not in the middle so the top part is thicker then the bottom. I then cut out a black circle the same size and taped it in the middle. The two main photos were mounted on red cardstock and then I used the rest of the red to cut frames out for the smaller pictures and the letters, which are die cut from a ProvoCraft alphabet set. I mounted them on black circles that I punched from the same black as the middle circle. All the embellishments are hand made using a ProvoCraft Cuttlebug for Kids die set. It's like putting a puzzle together - especially the trunk. I added the knife to the bottom small picture pointing to the large photo so your eye keeps moving around the layout. Cool technique. Seth was making a pirate roar when I took the picture so I stamped the roar on a talk bubble. There is no date on this one because it falls in line with the other layouts from the same trip. I didn't think it was necessary to date each page. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...