Thursday, April 5, 2012

CPS 259 - Gold Butterfly Card

Today's card is based on a sketch provided by CPS (http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.ca). The designer paper is from a Paper Pack, again from the Paper Pickle, called Madeline from Prima Marketing...this is a recent purchase so it may still be available at the Pickle. Its probably my favorite pack.

I'm still using my left hand most of the time while card making. I sort of missed measuring the background paper by 1/4" and instead of cutting the card off, I just added a strip of matching cardstock. I rather like it. The pink square is actually from Paper Wishes and it came pre-embossed and I just went over it with Distress Ink, Fired Brick, to colour it. I mounted it on a larger square of the wine colour. The blue square behind it is from the paper pack. I like using these paper packs because everything matches perfectly. The swirl was die cut using the Tim Holtz die and the butterfly was die cut and embossed from a Cuttlebug die set. The butterfly was actually cut from the same wine cardstock as the other but it looked rather stark. So, I remembered Kim at the Pickle showing me how to use this special gold ink from Tsukineko Inc. so I tried it out. I shook the bottle well and dipped the corner of a make-up sponge into it and rubbed it on the butterfly. I didn't use much because I wanted the wine colour to still show thru and it worked beautifully, just like Kim promised it would. Although the bottom wing looks solid gold, its just from the light. As you move the card, the colour changes. Cool. I added some pinky pearls to the butterfly and a dark wine pearl to the middle of the flower. This would be a great birthday, get well or mother's day card.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love your butterfly and the pretty papers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous butterfly...I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...