Thursday, April 12, 2012

Old Car Card

We are back to seasonal temperatures here in Ontario which is a let down after the high temperatures in March. The two months sort of reversed themselves. Yesterday I had to put on a winter coat to walk to the hospital. All the winter coats were already put away in the spare room closet and hubby told me when I switched them that I was being too optimistic. Hate it when he's right!

I tried to do a little sewing yesterday and I think I could do that if I didn't have to cut the material. My camera strap is the pits. I hate it so I made a quilted one to slip over top of the old black one. Using the rotary cutter is not easy on tennis elbow. I will have to see if I can switch to using my left arm to cut some strips or give it up until my elbow heals. I don't like taking pain pills but I am going to get some Lakota pills and give them a try. I use them when my arthritis acts up and they work great and no side affects.

Tim Holtz stamp sets are great for mixed media work and for cards with an edge! Here's one for a man.

My daughters gave me an entire case of double sided paper - love it. This one one of them and I just knew it would be good for a man's card. I covered a brown card with the paper, stamped the old car on white cardstock and embossed it in black. Then I rubbed some Distress Ink over it to fill in the negative spots. I die cut it with the deckled die, and then die cut a large rectangle to mount it on. I just sponged some light Distress Ink around the outside of the image. The tag was die cut from the same paper as the card base and the sentiment was stamped from a T.H. stamp.

1 comment:

  1. Great masculine card! I hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup this week...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-15.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...