Saturday, April 14, 2012

Two More Christmas Cards Done

Today I wish I was in Kitchener enjoying Scrapfest. Not going to happen. Another rainy weekend in store for us too. We were hoping to get out to the park to get some photography in but that will have to wait for a sunnier day.
At least today my elbow is not aching constantly. The physiotherapist has switched from acupuncture, which quit helping, to another type of deep stimulus and ultra sound and it is much better - that and the Lakota pills.

So, at least I can do a little more - like last night when I made five cards. Here are two of them based on a sketch provided by the Always Playing with Paper blog. This is the one that requires us to make a Christmas Card. I am loving this idea. No more spending day after day making nothing but Christmas cards this fall. I will be done!

I liked this sketch and I actually made two cards from it, one vertical card and one horizontal card.


This is the first card I made. I sent a lot of cards to children, my grandchildren and some great nieces and nephews so I think I've got them covered now. The reindeer stamp is a .99 stamp I bought from Paper Wishes, another Hot of the Press stamp. It was coloured with water colour pencils. The paper is from my stash. I cut the snowflake from a Spellbinder's die and then added a red jewel in the centre.

Then I decided to make another card.


I turned the card horizontally this time. The base of the card was run thru the Cuttlebug with the snowflake embossing folder. I cut and embossed a circle from white cardstock and then, while it was still in the die, I sponged some yellow ink around it. Then I stamped and embossed the reindeer, which is "Dancer" from Stampin' Up. It needed something else yellow so I went searching thru my stash and found this little tag with a silver rim with a yellow vellum centre. I stamped "believe" on it and attached it under the bow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...