Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A pretty pink birthday card

Joe and I always laugh that we are normally, as the saying goes, "one day late and a dollar short" and yesterday was a perfect example. We went and stocked up on our vegetarian food and Walmart is always way, way cheaper then Kroger's or Meijers so we went there first to get our Morningstar Farms Riblets and veggie bacon. However, Kroger's sell other brands of veggie food that we love so we went there next to get our Quorn - and of course Kroger's had the Morningstar Farm food on sale! Oh well, too late.  On the way home we stopped for a coffee at Tim Horton's as we were pulling out onto the street I noticed a billboard from McDonald's - FREE COFFEE August 6 - 12th! Oh well, too late again. When we got home we had a letter from CAA telling us that if we signed up before the end of August, we would receive a free $25.00 blanket - too bad we signed up in July! Didn't get anything free in July! I guess the right hand of CAA didn't tell the left hand we already had membership! Well, that was the 3rd thing of the day so we should be done with that cycle! However, knowing us, another cycle will start soon!

I needed some birthday cards for little girls. So this is the one I made first.
The background paper is from a 8-1/2"x11: sheet that I just cut down to size. The pink strip is a Spellbinder's Edgeabilities - this is the only one I have and I really want some others! Love it! I inked the edges of course. The ribbon along the left side is from a roll I bought from a friend of mine that didn't want it anymore. I stamped the birthday cake and hat on white cardstock and coloured them with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol, and added Stickles. The sentiment was too light when stamped so I went over it with a glaze pen, and added Stickles - gotta have some bling! They were all die cut using the Spellbinder square die and then mounted on die cut square scallop pink paper. I wanted the square with the sentiment to stand out so I mounted it on another die cut scallop on bright wine/pink cardstock and mounted it on an angle. I had no clue on how I was going to arrange these when I started out but over-all, I don't mind it.

1 comment:

  1. It looks very nice and very pink! :) Any girl would love it!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...