Thursday, August 9, 2012

White, silver, blue wedding card

It has been raining all day here today...much needed rain! The grass was getting very crunchy when we walked on it. Trouble is, when it rains, it affects my brain disorders which affect my speech - big time! We absolutely had to run a few errands this morning and good job Joe was along to interpret for me because apparently he is the only one who can figure out what I'm saying on these days. A former co-worker we talked to couldn't get over my speech and we had a good laugh over her trying to figure out what I was saying. I always go to the deli counter when we get groceries and ask for 8 slices of Havarti cheese cut a little thinner then usual. I started to go there and Joe stopped me just as I was changing my mind! It had just hit me at the same time as him, that my trying to tell her what I wanted was not going to work so he ordered it. Funny! Hey, might as well laugh about it! Laughter is the best medicine!

Last night I was in the mood to make wedding cards. Here's the first one I made.
I picked up this pre-embossed paper from the Paper Pickle this week.  On this card I very lightly ran a sponge with light blue ink on it over the top to give it some colour. The silver ribbon is from my stash. I stamped the two love birds on white cardstock and cut it out with a new Spellbinder's fancy oval die that I just bought at the Pickle. Love this die! I coloured in the male bird with black, and the female bird I went over with Liquid Pearl to make it shiny and then I added gemstones to both of them, his are very, very tiny. While the paper was in the die, I lightly sponged some blue chalk around the birds. It needed something else so I ran a silver marker around the inside edge. The tree limb and leaves were also very lightly coloured in with pencil crayons. I made the big white flower using some ruffled white ribbon and then added the pearl in the centre of it. I also made the stick pin. I wasn't sure where to add the sentiment but decided it looked best on top so that's where I glued it. It's a little different wedding card but I like it.

1 comment:

  1. I like it too! It takes a strong
    person to be able to laugh at oneself....i admire you. Do you sell your cards on Etsy? I don't see your store linked on the blog anywhere?
    I just posted a new sketch of mine if you'd like to pop over and take a peek! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...