Friday, August 10, 2012

"Belated" - a Bellariffic Friday card

Pouring rain! Just absolutely pouring rain here. We had a vicious thunder/lightning storm in the middle of the night with even more rain. Apparently this will not end until early Sunday morning. We needed some rain badly but it is a little too late for some of the farmers crops but still needed.
I looked out to our backyard when it started to rain and there was only one mourning dove sitting on the fence - and he/she refused to leave. It sat there in the pouring rain for over 10 minutes. Bath time? Very odd.

Before I post the card I want to address a question that jinxxxgirl left yesterday - no, I don't sell my cards on etsy. There are so many people selling their cards there that what's the chance of someone buying mine? Besides, I'm no expert or well-known card maker like some are. Although an etsy account opened up for me automatically when I joined Pinterest (which I also never use) I have not posted anything on that site. I'm not an artist, just a "player of the arts" I guess. The only art lessons I have had are the two mixed media classes I took from Linda Heavens at the Paper Pickle. I just wing everything on my own. I'm sort of thinking of posting a couple of small quilts and some funky Christmas stockings on my etsy account but not sure about that either. Now, if you want to see art work, pop over to jinxxxgirl's blog! She is an artist!

This week's challenge was to create a card using a sketch. If you follow my blog at all you will know that I seldom use sketches. I have lots. I save them to my computer and even print some off. I just forget to use them! My method is to colour up an image, then decide what to do with it. But, for challenges, I do follow their sketch. I needed a belated birthday card so I used the "Chatty Cathy" stamp from Stampin' Bella.


I suppose most people would use this image in a "thinking of you" card but I thought the look on her face said "What? I forgot your birthday!" so a belated card it is. The background papers are all left overs from other cards but they all sort of go together. Orange and blue are opposite on the colour wheel. I coloured up the image with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and added a little glitter. Her dress was blue so I made a blue card base and the tab with the sentiment is from the same cardstock. I mixed and matched some flowers and added pearls and gemstones to add some more bling. The green leaves are from a Sizzix die. The image was die cut from the Spellbinder's long rectangle die.




1 comment:

  1. so cute - hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-32.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...