Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A very gold card

Nothing funny to post today but then again, it's not even 10:30 in the morning yet. That's the trouble with posting early in the day, not much happens until later on. Most days the computer is even on until later afternoon or later but today hubby turned it on while I was at Aqua Fit so here I am!

Yesterday I posted five different cards using the same stamp. I forgot to post one so I'm posting it today. It is quite different from the other ones.


I told you it was very gold! Same procedure as the others - embossed in gold this time instead of black and then various Distress Inks rubbed over it to fill in the background. I wanted the edge to be more pronounced so I ran a black pen down the edge instead of mounting it on black cardstock. Here's a tip about that - besides saving $$ by not using black cardstock - Cut your stamped image to size first. Then take an old greeting card with a straight edge and place it on your image leaving about 1/8" of the edge exposed and draw the pen down. You will get a perfect line. I do this on photos too when I'm scrapbooking. Do not try to do this without putting the greeting card (or any straight edge heavy cardstock - I use cut up cereal boxes too). If the pen slips you will have a permanent black line across your image or photo. No need to ask how I know this!

The rest is pretty easy to follow. Mount it on gold, then onto the designer paper and I added a huge gold bow. This card would have to be hand delivered or mailed in a puffy envelope. The greeting was attached with dimensional pop dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...