Thursday, October 4, 2012

OH That Smile!

Today is October 4th and 12 years ago today I underwent exploratory brain surgery, surgery I pretty much had to talk the neurosurgeon into performing. He was so reluctant to do it because it was so risky he was afraid I would have a major stroke and be left a vegetable. I told him to book it, I would take my chances. The constant indescribable unbearable pain I was in was too much to put up with  for the rest of my life and I was willing to take my chances. Besides I had a vision from my beloved Mother via of a dream that assured me that now was not my time to see her again and everything I was going through would come out OK. Of course, I didn't tell the surgeon that, but so glad he finally agreed and booked it.  We celebrated today by walking around Point Pelee National Park - one of our favorite places to go. Not much wildlife to see but we so enjoyed the walk and seeing the leaves starting to turn colour. Celebrate life every day and tell your loved ones you love them every chance you get. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

OK, enough of that! I thought I'd post a scrapbook page today instead of a card. I normally put several pictures on each page but this time, these three were enough to tell the story.



This little cutie is one of my grandsons and I knew the first time he smiled as a baby that he was going to be a little charmer. I always say he has a "Million Dollar Smile".
Pretty simple layout but I like how it turned out. Love double sided paper. I think I used both sides of two different papers and just kept flipping them around until I was happy with it. I cut the frames out by first cutting the rectangle to the size I wanted and then cut out the inside with an x-acto knife. I used a star template to cut out the stars and just stacked them together. I really must buy myself a star die! The little stars on the bottom grey area were punched out from left over paper. Tomorrow I'll post the opposite page featuring this brother.

1 comment:

  1. These are impressive articles. Keep up the sunny handiwork.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...