Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Guitar Hero?

A quick post today for two reasons. Not much to say and I'm off shortly to have that deep teeth cleaning procedure done - the one that goes below the gum line. I really didn't think it was going to help much and I really thought it was going to hurt a lot but I was wrong on both thoughts. Doesn't really hurt and it has helped a lot.

Yesterday after Aqua Fit and running a few errands I hunkered down in my sewing room and got one more quilt for the Alzheimer ward completed quilted, except the binding. Good afternoon's work! But nothing really exciting or worth talking about happens in the sewing room so that's why this is a quick post.

I like this stamp but I always struggle as to what to do with it. Do you have stamps like that? This is what I came up with.


I made a card similar to this one a few months ago so I thought I'd try it again. I didn't emboss the guitar this time and I think I liked it better when I did that. The negative spots were coloured in with a Tombow marker and I followed the scroll lines as well with it. I used my Spellbinder tall rectangle die to die cut it (the die set that I wasn't sure when I bought it that I would use it much but I do) and once it while it was still in the die I sponged Broken China Distress ink around the edges. Then it was mounted on black and then glued to the background paper - which I remembered to pick out first this time so I could colour in the guitar to match. It needed something else so I added three black dew drops. This is another good card for a teenage  or pre-teen boy or girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...