Friday, November 30, 2012

Just Sitting Here....a Bellariffic Friday Card

An early post this morning. Some days I don't even turn the computer on until late afternoon but I'm having "one of those days" today - it's calling for rain so low atmospheric pressure drop is one of my biggest triggers. So, it's take it easy day today. I had such a good day yesterday too. Oh well, it's like my cousin used to say "One day a chicken, next day feathers". Weird expression but funny at the same time!

This week Stamping Bella posted a sketch - and I actually followed it. Here's the card I made for the challenge.

The only thing I changed was that the sketch looked like the typical 4x5 and I made mine square. Why? Don't know, just felt like it. The sketch dictated a small stamp would be needed and I don't have a lot of her small ones so that also necessitated making the card a little bigger. The chair stamp is one I picked up on sale and again, its one of those, "what am I going to do with it?" stamps, but, like I said, it was on sale! It didn't come with any sentiments so I computer generated one (OK I also added the bookmark and sentiment which was not included in the sketch). I have a few verses in the inside of the card mostly saying something like "and hope you're having a good day" or some such thing. I change them around. It actually makes a good "thinking of you" card so I've used it more then I thought I would.

It's stamped on water colour paper and coloured with watered down Tombow markers. After die cutting it I left it in the die and sponged some ink around the edges including yellow around the lamp so it looks like it's on.

The designer paper is left over pieces. The one going horizontally is actually two pieces. I didn't have any left over pieces that were long enough but with the circle in the centre the seam wouldn't show so I just glued each one onto each end of the green paper so it looks like one piece.

I had the exact colour of dew drops to add to the top of the image too. I like it when I don't have to colour them!

The green paper is a bit of a mystery to me. I picked up a package of coloured cardstock at the dollar store and I like it but my glue runners don't. When I ran the glue runner down the back of the paper, some of the paper was stuck to the glue runner and peeled off. I tried two different runners, same thing. Must be very soft paper? So, I had to use my Zip Dry glue to glue everything down. Have you run into this problem before?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I had that problem the other day too. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violet, love your card. It is a perfect 'thinking of you card'. You rocked this challenge girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...