Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snowman Snow Globe Card

I haven't been out of the house in days so that means I haven't caused any havoc to write about. Havoc and I seem to go together when I'm out in public for some strange reason. Probably because I'm a klutz and a jinx - both of which I warned hubby of when we first started go out together (thought it was only fair) to which he laughed and said he didn't believe there was any such thing - we've been married 24+ years and he now believes but has accepted both as being part of me and he just shakes his head and rolls his eyes - and takes me to the emergency room when necessary.

I wanted to make a card using one of the small .99 stamps from H.O.T.P. My one daughter loves snow globes and snowman so I think this card is going to her.


First thing I did was cut a piece of white cardstock 12" x 5-1/2". Then I scored it at 4" and 8" and folded it. I did slice a very thin bit of both end flaps so they would fit in better. You cannot tell in this photo but the snow globe image is behind a piece of plastic. After running the white card base thru the snowflake embossing folder twice - in the first two folds, I cut a hole in the middle one with the Spellbinder circle die. Then I cut the trim from red paper using the fancy scallop die with the round die in the centre so it fit over the hole perfectly. The image was stamped and coloured with Tombow markers. There is a piece of clear plastic (from a heavy sheet protector) glued to the back, then the image was taped in place. and then I glued down the embossed flap to cover the inside messy parts. Some gems make it sparkle a bit more.

Here is the inside of the card so you will know what I'm talking about.


I know some people just put a piece of paper over the inside left side but I prefer to do a three flap card and fold one flap in completely. It's just a bit neater this way. The red piece of cardstock cut from the trim on the front was laying on the desk still so I stamped the sentiment in silver and glued it on too then I added the real sentiment on the other side. I think she will like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...