Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Leave Lots of White" Challenge

I stumbled upon a challenge over at the Split Coast Stampers site using Stampin' Bella stamps so I thought I'd give it a try. The challenge was to use Bella stamps and leave lots of white space. OK, not my thing at all because I like lots of colours and lots of layers but I do believe that challenging oneself is important so I went for it.

This is the first card I made.
I had some blank card bases that likely came from the thrift store so I have no idea who made them. They came embossed around a cut out oval.  I stamped and lightly coloured the image and place it behind the cut out oval and then lightly pounced a sponge with blue Tumbled Glass Distress ink on it to just put a little colour on the embossed areas. The blue does not show up well here but it's there. I added some glitter to her veil because a bride has to have some sparkle.

Not my favorite card so I made another one. We were allowed to enter three.

This is a new stamp I just got so first time using it. It's stamped with Archival black ink and coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol - with some glitter on the roof! I lightly sponged blue chalk around the bird house. The sentiment came from an old set that I've had forever and no idea who made it. Its was cut out using a Spellbinder die - one of the smallest in the set that you wonder what you will ever use it for! I'm discovering that these little stamps make great small labels.

Then I cut to size, notched the corners and attached it to a white card base. This seemed to fit the challenge more then the first one.

 But, I was in a creative mood so I made a third card.

I took some white card stock and used my Tim Holtz ruler to punch holes along the edges. Haven't used that ruler for this for ages! Then I stamped the sentiment but again, I don't know the company. I had a bad habit when I first bought clear stamps to throw out the packaging. I don't do that any more! This flowers in a tea cup stamp is another new one. I won Bella bucks before Christmas and used them up! Again this was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and I added gems to centre of the flowers. There was a tiny boo boo. When I stamped the image I pressed a little too hard and got a little black ink by the top flowers. This was easily solved by die cutting some butterflies with a Stampin' Up die and added one.

The challenge is now over. None of mine were picked in the random draw so I didn't win anymore Bella bucks. The next challenge is to make a card with no sentiment on the front. The stamped image has to relay the message on its own. Not sure if I'm entering this one or not.


1 comment:

Marti Wills said...

these are wondeerful! i would have a hard time leaving white!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...