Monday, January 7, 2013

In Sympathy

This first story is another one that made Joe roll his eyes and shake his head when I told him what happened. I sort of woke up about 1:30 a.m. last night, very groggy but sort of awake and I was laying there telling myself to go back to sleep when I heard the stairs creak. Oh, oh. Someone's on the stairs and it wasn't Joe or I and we are the only two here. Another creak. And another one. Now I'm awake and I listen intently. Oh, it's not the stairs, its my stomach growling! Honest, in my half-awake state it sounded like the stairs that creak. So I started to laugh and then, of course, I had to get up to pee. No wonder I'm always tired! Joe just looked at me and said "Only you", and this time he could be right.

Now this next story made me shake my head! I ran out of my favorite glue for scrapbooking last night (Zip Dry) and the Paper Pickle is not open until Wed so I thought I'd pay a couple of bucks more and pick one up at Micheal's. I know the glue is around $7.00 (at least it was last night I bought some) at the Pickle. No coupon for 40% of this week at Micheal's either but I went anyway. Found the glue - $13.99! Are they kidding! I left it there and picked up a couple of acid free glue sticks to use until Wednesday. I use the cheap tape rollers from Dollarama for my cards but I hesitate using them for photos and scrapbooking even though they say they are acid free. Why are they $1.00 and the brand name ones $5 - $8? Can't be just the name but maybe I'm over cautious?

I did get a couple of cards made on the weekend and I'm sharing a Sympathy Card that I made that I quite like.

The stamp is from Stamping Bella and I stamped it with Versamark and then white embossing powder. Then I sponged on various Distress Inks on and around the stamped image. Then, I wiped a soft cloth over the embossed areas to remove excess ink. This is a large stamp and I don't have any dies that would cut it so I just cut it down on the paper cutter, and notched the corners with a punch. Made the next two layers behind it the same way and glued them all on to the dark brown which covered the front of the card. I stamped the sentiment with brown ink and die cut it with Spellbinders Ribbon die and inked the edges. I didn't have any ribbon that matched other colours on the card so I took a piece of ivory and rubbed Old Paper Distress Ink on it to match the bottom of the card. It worked OK, not great, but OK. Then I punched out the butterflies from a piece of the left over brown paper using my Stampin' Up die and glued them on. It's sad to have to use a Sympathy card but the recipient may as well get a nice one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...