Friday, February 8, 2013

A Warm Hello

Yes indeed. A warm hello on a snowy winter day. We got hit with yet another snow storm overnight. Last winter we only had to have our driveway cleared once with the snow blower and Joe shovelled it a couple times because there was so little snow. This year - yikes! I've lost track of how many times the neighbour has cleared it out and its not even the middle of February yet. We had a couple different birds at one of our feeders and I finally got a picture of them - but thru the glass so not worthy of printing them out but good enough to identify them - Common Redpolls. Not common to us but so nice to see something different at the feeders.

Last cold report - getting better but still got the sore throat and raspy, squeaky voice. Hopefully, it will continue to improve over the weekend.

Today's card is the Bellariffic Challenge card that I mentioned yesterday. This week it was a sketch.


I really like this stamp. This image could be used for quite a number of different occasions. I coloured this one with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I die cut and embossed it with the Spellbinder's long rectangle die and left it in the die to sponge around some blue ink and green for the grass. Then I inked up a Stampin' Up vine stamp from the set called "Amazing" (bought at the thrift store last year so no idea if it's still available) and stamped it a couple of times. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to make sure I got the vine where I wanted it.
The sentiment is from Paper Wishes. The background paper is from Daisy D's. The ribbon and bow are from my stash. The silver bits are from a peel-and-stick set. Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...