Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to You - off key!

Today started off well but went a little off course quickly. I actually woke up feeling a little better and I thought, less foggy in the head. Turns out that thinking was a bit premature. After I finish eating breakfast I head down to the rec room to read the paper and drink my coffee. As I finished reading the paper I said to Joe, "I don't even feel like I've had coffee yet". Then I looked over to where my coffee cup was suppose to be and the coaster was empty. I had forgotten to bring it down with me. Well, you can image how this cracked Joe up! He was still laughing as I went upstairs for more coffee.

He went out for his morning walk again and I decided to jump in the shower. As I was reaching under the sink for my hair gel I noticed a stain on the lining paper under the sink. Hmm. That's strange. Maybe something fell over and leaked out - NOT! When he got back from his walk I had to tell him that we had a leak under the sink. He is not a plumber so he says seeing as he was going to have call the plumber in, if I was feeling well enough to go out with him to the plumbing store, he would buy the new kitchen taps that we needed too and save one service call! YES!

Well he was gone this morning, and after my shower, I actually felt creative and finished my card for Stamping Bella's challenge this week and sent it off with an apology for sending it late. They are due ever Thursday night! OK, I thought it was Friday today which I didn't realize until we were eating lunch and I mentioned it. Good Lord my memory is getting worse and worse. I'm blaming it on the cold, not a senior moment!

So I actually got to go outside today. After we made our purchase he even agreed to drive up the street to the thrift store (not his bag at all) so I could make a quick search for treasures. Alas, none were to be found today. In fact, I think someone new is pricing their stuff. I saw a bag with a package of oil pastels and some other craft stuff and it would normally be $2.99 or $3.99 and they had it marked $12.99! It will likely be there for awhile. I have a few oil pastels that I seldom remember to use so I wasn't going to pay $12.99 for more to sit in the drawer - $2.99 maybe, but not $12.99.

OK, back home and made another coffee. I got cookies out for him, and a handful of nuts for me and went back down to the rec room to finish my book. He yells down the stairs with a laughing voice, "Don't you want your coffee". Oh man, again! I think this cold has killed off a few brain cells - and I cannot afford to lose any!

So, seeing as this is not Friday, I will wait until tomorrow to post the card I made today. This one is from my stash.


I love this stamp! You can tell she is singing off key for sure - much like I do. This one was coloured with Prismacolor markers and gamsol. The sentiment and the music notes are from two different stamp sets. It does not fit into any of the die sets that I own so I just trimmed it to a nice size and inked the edges and mounted it on the green cardstock. The card base is the yellow with inked edges and I added the printed paper off to the right and then the coloured image. I die cut a corner treatment with the Stampin' Up corner punch out of the same yellow as the card base. The green ribbon is from the shoe factory outlet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...