Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Old Car

Beautiful sunny day here in Ontario and I'm stuck inside with the dreaded never-ending-it-seems cold. Yesterday hubby went and some groceries on his own - the first time he's had to do that. We always get groceries together except for the odd time I've run in to pick up a few forgotten or needed items. But the weekly shopping trips we've done together for the last 24+ years. He did just fine too. Yesterday I sounded like Louis Armstrong and yet today I'm more like a squeaky mouse - with a sore throat. Very odd indeed. However, I am feeling a bit better today and sat and coloured some images this afternoon so I must be on the mend.

I have a few cards on hand that I have not posted yet and this is one of them. The men really seem to like this type of card.

Most of us card makers have trouble coming up with a card for the men and teenage boys. This old car stamp from Tim Holtz is a great one to have in your stash. I stamped it with Versamark and then black Archival ink and then embossed it with black embossing powder. I like the extra black ink sometimes. Then I went over it with some Distress ink to make it look rusty. It was die cut and embossed with the Spellbinder's deckle edge die and while still in the die I inked around the car with Tea Dye Distress ink. This was mounted on a brown rectangle. I had the background paper in my stash and love it for men's cards. Sorry, no idea who made it. I added the green stripe after inking the edges and then three dew drops that I hand died with alcohol ink. The tag was die cut with a Sizzix die and attached with a brad and then I glue the entire thing to the card base that I made with Dazzle cardstock. The sentiment is a peel-and-stick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...