Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Big Guy Grills

Ive been having fun with my new IPad but I sure have a lot to learn. So different from anything else Ive worked on; but, that's OK, because I think its important to learn new things all the time.

I've been down in the lower studio a few times this week and I'm once again determined to make some cards using nothing but paper from my stash. I got away from that and oh boy does it pile up fast. So far I've only had to cut into one new piece of paper because there were no scraps left in the same colour. I'll post those next week.

Today I'm posting two cards from the same stamp - The big guy grills which is a Mo Manning stamp from Stamping Bella. Same stamp, two different techniques.


The shirt was stamped on designer paper and cut out and glued on top of another stamped image on white cardstock. The image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I stitched around the edge once it was glued to the reddish paper and then assembled the rest of the card. The small sentiment is a peel-and-stick.


This shirt was done the same way but this time I stamped him on water colour paper and used water colour pencils and water to colour him in. Totally different look. I die cut the buff coloured cardstock with the Tim Holtz edge die and stamped a very manly Happy Birthday sentiment.

The finger does not like to type yet so that's it for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...