Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dragonfly Thank You Card

Well this week is starting out better then last week! Yesterday I felt pretty good so I went to the church to help make comfort quilts. Some members of our guild get together twice a month and we just work on what ever quilt pattern we want and when finished, they go to comfort someone in need. We send a lot to the Pediatric cancer ward in London so every child diagnosed with cancer gets a quilt. Others go to people in our community. It was a good day but a long one and I was so tired last night I forgot I hadn't posted anything.

So, here's today's card.

 
I like this technique a lot! First I stamped the butterfly and then the swirl (from a different stamp set) and embossed them in black. Then I sponged several different Distress Inks all around it. Then I stamped the sentiment in plain black. The card base was made from black cardstock (note to self, you need more black) and I also mounted the stamped panel on black before gluing it to the card base. I liked the black on black look a lot.
 
Waiting for the washer and dryer to come now. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
 




1 comment:

  1. I love Love LOVE this Violet. I like how crisp and clean the edges look and i'm just a sucker for dragonflies...Great job!!!
    Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...