Saturday, March 2, 2013

Three times was the charm - but too late

I almost forgot to post these today. I made them last week attempting to enter a challenge at Simon Says. I stumbled upon it and the theme was to make an entirely white Christmas card. So, here's the first one I did - but no colour.

Just picture this all white! It was pretty blah so I gave up and added some blue distress ink over it. The white cardstock was run thru a Provocraft embossing folder and then I stamped and embossed the Joy and the snowflakes and the little dots and house roofs, etc. It was too blah but I really like it now.

So I made another all white card. Again, you will have to picture it all white.
This was made with the Stampin' Up embossing folder. Then I die cut a fancy oval in and stamped and embossed a tree in white. Really, really blah so I gave up on this one too and added some blue Distress ink to the front and gold and green inks around the tree. Then I sprayed the entire thing with my home-made clear glimmer mist. Very sparkly in real life and I like it now.

So, on to card number three. I took a picture of this one all white.
Lots of layers so that gave it dimension and I decided it was worthy of submitting. First I embossed half the card with the Swiss Dot embossing folder and the bottom edge with a single strip embossing folder. I embossed another strip with the same single embossing folder (Cuttlebug) and set aside. In between the dots and the border edge I stamped a fancy Merry Christmas in white and embossed it. I took another piece of white cardstock and embossed it with another Cuttlebug embossing folder and then cut strips and notched the ends. Once I assembled it all and took the picture I went over to the site to submit it - only to find out that the contest closed the day before! Story of my life - A day late and dollar short!

So, I decided that seeing it didn't have to be all white anymore I added some colour.
What a difference a little Pine needles Distress ink made. It really brought out the sentiment. So, it didn't get entered but now I have three extra Christmas cards in my stash.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...