Monday, March 4, 2013

Playing with New Embossing Folders

Bitter cold today and I'm having an off day too so I don't care that its cold outside.  My laryngitis clears up for awhile and then comes back. Yesterday no voice at all and I was sort of out-of-sorts yesterday and I found out why about 1:00 a.m. - the brain disorders attacked again. So, today will be a very quiet day. I'm not feeling very creative so I think today I'll sort out the "paper stash"...it sort of got out of control again.

But I did have some creative moments last week while playing with my new embossing folders I picked up at the Paper Pickle. Here's the first card I made with them.

This embossing folder came with a couple of small ones - including that fancy circle that I die cut with the Spellbinders' scallop die. For this card I just embossed the lower half of the card and used one of the single embossing folder borders of the dots along the top of the embossed area. Then I coloured it up with various distress inks - same with the circle. The sentiment is stamped in a dark blue. Once the large embossed circle was added with dimensional glue dots I sprayed it with my home made clear glimmer mist. You rally can't see it in the picture but it is very shimmery in real life. Once that dried I added three mauve gem stones.  Fun card to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...