Friday, June 21, 2013

Bellariffic Friday Summer Card

What a beautiful day here in Ontario. The weather report changed to only 20% rain for here tomorrow but we may or may not get a bike ride in. I say may or may not because the local forecast says 20% chance of rain but Mount Clemens Michigan, which is only about an hour's drive west from here and where most of our weather comes from, is predicting 80% chance of thunderstorm. How two cities only an hour apart can be so far apart in a forecast is beyond me. I guess it will be wait until morning and see what happens. This morning we went for an hour's walk before it got too hot and this afternoon I was back to the scrapbooking.

This week's challenge at Stamping Bella was to make a card that suggested summer. Here's my card.
I wanted a little more detail in the background then just sky. First though I stamped the image on scrap paper and cut it out and placed it on top of the coloured image to act like a mask. Then I left the coloured image (Tombow markers and water on watercolour paper) in the Spellbinder die and, sponged on Distress inks for the sky and grass and stamped some trees in the background. The trees are from a Tim Holtz stamp set. Then I added some small flowers across the bottom which is partly hidden by the tag and ribbon but they look like they belong there. I coloured them in with Tombow markers too. I ran some red cardstock thru the Cuttlebug in a Sizzix folder for the coloured image to rest on, glued it all down and added the bow and the tag that says 'hello'. I guess it qualifies. She posted it anyway.

Have a great weekend everyone!


1 comment:

jinxxxygirl said...

So does this mean you are not involved in all the flooding I've been seeing about Canada? Hope not! Weather is strange here too...Apparently Mon and Tues we are expecting measurable rainfall and that is unheardof this time of year for the central valley of CA...here it starts raining in Nov and rains almost constantly until March then bam! no rain all summer and into fall....weird... So i'am looking forward to some rain if it really happens....Come on weatherman!!! LOL! Hugs! deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...