Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Crazy Patch Quilts

What a beautiful but busy day! Today was going to be yard work day but a friend stopped in this morning for a visit so I didn't get started on my work until after lunch. All the peonies have finished blooming and they needed to be deadheaded and of course, weeds, weeds, weeds, thanks to the neighbour behind us and beside us that let their lawn and garden go wild with weeds. Grrrrrr.

Anyway, I quit the yard work in time for a quick shower and then supper and then I was off to the quilt guild meeting. I had the two quilt tops done that are being donated to ChildCan who gives a quilt to every child at Sick Kids in London that is diagnosed with cancer. Another quilt member is going to quilt them for me - darn old tennis elbow still bothers me too much to do much quilting.
Here are the quilts - not a great picture as they are rather squished on the hanging racks but it will give you an idea of what they look like. These were both done on the serger - fast, fast, fast!

The centre of this is a butterfly - made for a girl of course.

This is for a boy and the centre is an old car. Hard to see but it's there.
 
These use a lot of strips of stash! Love doing these on the serger and I'm going to make some more too. I am determined to use up a lot of the stash and not buying more fabric until I do so - unless of course I'm making a new quilt - no, no, no that would mean more fabric, but, well you know, maybe I'll have buy some if I really need it. Yeah right! This thought process is why my stash never goes down!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...