Monday, June 3, 2013

Intricate Dies Part One

I needed more sympathy cards so I hunkered down in the lower studio and got to work. I cranked out about 8 or 9 of them. One thing I seldom do is make the same card over and over but I have learned that making more than one at a time is really quite speedy. I change them up a bit with the sentiment and the label but here are a couple of cards that I made, and remade, and remade, etc.

 
I started out by cutting two 8-1/2" x 11" pieces of cardstock in half and then creasing the middle using my Score-Pal to make two cards. That's what started the entire make-more-then-one card-the-same flurry. I'm only posting two of the cards. I used the same sketch for each of them - a 2" strip down the left side, with the Memory Box lattice die (official name is Tessatina Border) on top, followed by the Memory Box Catalina Border die - cut twice, once in green, once in colour. The edges of the two inch cardstock was inked with ink about the same colour as the flowers. The flowers were die cut from some hand-painted/sprayed paper that I made. Inside of the flowers I added some stickles in light yellow. I wanted something inside the flowers and didn't want to die cut another colour and glue in the little pieces and my yellow Stickles was almost gone. However, I had some Aylmer's clear glitter glue sitting there so I squirted some of it into the Stickles container, mixed it up well with a large toothpick and voila I have light yellow stickles!  Each card was topped off with various labels and sentiments.

Here is another card using the same sketch but a darker 2" strip....more hand-painted papers.

The sentiment looks crooked but it isn't - the card did not stay on my stand properly.

Now the lattice die is not too bad to work with. I glued it down with the sticky dots but oh my the flower vine is another thing to work with. I've had this die for months and forgot why I never used it much. Now I remember. I tried using a sticky dot sheet but when I pulled it away from the sheet, it would tear. I did get a couple up and pieced the torn pieces back together but a couple went to the recycle bag. So then I tried running the cardstock thru the Xyron machine first - ran out of paper!! Not my day!!  I had two more of the flower vine cut out and decided I was not doing this again but didn't want to waste them. So, tomorrow I'll post part 2 of this project to show you how I easily used these die cut pieces without a fight!


1 comment:

  1. Violet do you ever have trouble with your cards trying to curl on you? How do you fix that? Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...