Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Wedding Card for the Groom


Another beautiful day shaping up here in Ontario – but more rain and a thunderstorm predicted for tonight and tomorrow. Strange, strange summer weather.

The friend that requested the 50th anniversary card that I made for her (and she loved it by the way – whew!) also requested two personalized wedding cards for her grandsons, who are cousins. She wanted the emphasis on the groom instead of the bride, but still have it suit the bride. Hmmm. What to do, what to do? Here’s the first card I made.
 

The stamp is a .99 stamp that I stamped with black Archival ink and coloured some with Prismacolor Pencils and gamsol and in the white parts with Ranger liquid pearl and then white Stickles over the bride-bird. The bride bird has white pearls on her side and the groom-bird has clear gems. All dies are Spellbinders from various sets. The background paper is from my stash and I don't remember buying it so it likely came with the mixed pile of scrapbook paper I bought at the thrift store – I was a huge lot of paper and I've already sorted and filed it with my own.

To emphasize the groom I found one top hat sticker left over from the same thrift store paper stash but I needed two, so I scanned it into my computer, opened up Word and copied and pasted it several times and changed the size and printed it out. Then I backed it onto black cardstock for some stability before adhering it with pop-dots. The small pearl hearts came from the dollar store I think. The sentiment was computer generated.

The reason I wanted to post this card is the ribbon technique. Do you notice how the ends are crinkled? Here’s what I did. I made the bow using my homemade bow maker and left long ends. Then I held onto the bow with an old knitting needle and got the heat tool close, but not touching the ribbon. The heat from the tool melted the ribbon and left it permanently scrunched. I just moved the heat down the ribbon until I liked the look and trimmed off the remaining bit. I saw this technique on YouTube but I don’t remember who posted it. Be careful if you try this – don’t get too close to the ribbon or it will melt into a mess – or start on fire. My friend liked this one too and I’ll post the second card another day – it is not the same at all….of course it isn’t.....I usually make one of a kind cards!

Enjoy your day

Cheers

Violet

2 comments:

  1. the bird looks so shiny and pretty! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Violet! Just feminine enough for the bride with a nod to the groom. LOVE it! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...