Thursday, July 18, 2013

Crazy Quilted Card


The heatwave continues! With the humidex worked in yesterday and today it felt like 115F. Tomorrow should be the last day for this stifling heat and we return to normal temperatures in the 80's. We braved the heat today to go back to Port Stanley to see another play. Good day trip....and when I got home I had my order from Stamping Bella. I had won some free Bella bucks a while back and finally used them - and then I won another $20! Go figure! So, new stamps, new cards are coming. I have a couple hundred stamps but I have a tendency to use the same ones over and over.

Yesterday afternoon I was down at the lower studio working on the card for this week's challenge at Stamping Bella (will be posted tomorrow) and picked up a 6x6 paper pack and little bits and strips of cut paper fell out. I decided to do something with these little bits. Being a quilter I saw a quilt pattern emerge in the pile and decided to make my own crazy patch quilted card. Here it is.

 


 First I put four squares together and cut them diagonally and then switched the colours and taped them back together. These formed the pinwheel at the top left and then I added the flower which was cut from another piece of paper, but was in the same colour family. (All the pieces were glued onto a piece of white copy paper.) Then I just started adding squares and strips to fill in the 6” piece of paper which was then cut down to 5 ½”. I ran a light blue Tombow marker between each piece and then added the ribbon. The label was also included in the paper pack so I backed it on the same light blue cardstock that I covered the card base with and carefully cut around it leaving about a 1/8” rim. The sentiment was stamped with some matching blue ink and then the label glued on. It needed something else so I took another square of the same paper and glued it to white cardstock and then die cut a button (Sizzix die), added some pink floss and glued it on with a glue dot. It’s an okay card. Won’t be one of my favorites but its okay and used up a lot of bits from the stash.

 That’s all for today – or I guess I should say tonight seeing as its 9:30 already!

 

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...