Friday, August 2, 2013

A Bellariffic Friday card


Another Friday already. In spite of the fact that we (okay Joe) just cut the grass on Tuesday, it needed cutting again. Not much yard work for me except dead-heading a few roses and watering – which takes an hour or more…big garden! The good news is that we have no large brown spots in the lawn from lack of rain this year. The grass has never looked this good for the first of August.

Today’s card is for the challenge at Stamping Bella. This time she provided a picture of various things and we could pick anything from the picture we wanted – object, shape, colour, etc. – and use one of her stamps of course. The colours I liked were the almost lime green and a bluish green. There was also an oval mirror on the wall so I went with that as well. Here is my card.

 
Stamped with Archival ink and coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Clear stickles applied to the fairy wings. All dies by spellbinders. I really like these fancy oval dies but I decided the area between the large green one the small white one was too big so I die cut a Spellbinders regular oval shape with some green polka dot paper that came in the same pack as the background paper – a small $1.00, 6”x 6” pack from Michaels. After it was all assembled I added the ribbon tag on dimensional strips to raise it up. The ribbon was slipped thru and the ends notched. The sentiment was stamped and embossed in the lime green colour. I seldom buy coloured embossing powder. I prefer to stamp the stamp first with VersaMark and then coloured ink and then add clear embossing powder and heat set. More colours for less money that way and I don’t have to store a lot of embossing powders. I coloured the flowers pink to give the card a little pizzazz – there was enough green and blue already and the gem in the large flower is a greeny-yellow so it fits right in.

This is a long weekend here in Ontario called the “Civic” holiday. Doesn’t mean much except most people get Monday off.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

 Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card Violet! I'm going to have to figure out embossing one of these days.... :)

    This weekend my daughter and i are running away to San Francisco where she will walk me into the ground.. lol...Theres a place there called Scraps where artists are suppose to be able to get supplies cheap... Odd ball things like if you need scrap fabric or wooden thread spools or just anything to make your vision . So i'm excited...hope i find something...like i need something else on my craft shelves....oh boy... You have a good weekend too! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...