Thursday, August 8, 2013

Butterfly, flowers and a card.

First some butterfly and flower pictures, and then the card.

Yesterday as we were doing the yard work (yes the grass needed cutting again) Joe yelled “Come see the butterfly in the backyard!” Before this he would say first “Grab your camera and come see…..” Now me grabbing the camera is a given so he leaves that part out. Sure enough, we had a beautiful Yellow Swallowtail near our purple petunias. Here’s the best shot.

 

 
Then it flew over the fence to the front yard so I ran around there too. Yes, it loves the purple coneflowers too. Here are a couple shots of it on the coneflowers.



 

And here’s a few photos of the other flowers in my garden, one gladiola, one bellflower and the rest are two-toned petunias that took over the containers.






 
And now for the card.

I had some bits and pieces of embellishments left over so I paired them up with some of my own left over paper and bellies and this is what I came up with.


 

I inked the background paper with some Broken China Distress Ink and glued it to the card base.  I love it when I have a piece of paper that matches left-over bellies. Then I added the pink and turquoise strip and the tag. The flower is from a package from the dollar store and it matched as well. The dark purple is the same purple as around the present. I found the purple-striped brad in the stash too. I had one label that said birthday and one blank one so I embossed the “happy” on the blank one and added them. I like it and it used up some of the stash!


Cheers

Violet

 

 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the garden photos Violet!! Especially those two toned petunias. I think you got some pretty impressive butterfly pics. They are NOT easy to capture!

    Such a beautiful card you made with bits and pieces and leftovers. LOVE the flower! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you are a talented gardener, photographer and cardmaker!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...