Thursday, August 15, 2013

Leaping Deer

Today was a great day for a bike ride – not a great day for speaking, so thank goodness I didn’t have to speak to anyone while riding the bike. Yup, the old brain disorders decided to play a game with my speech today. Most words, when I could actually get them out, had, oh, about 18 extra syllables tucked on to the end. Hilarious to listen to let me tell you. Then, all of a sudden, I could speak clear as a bell. Five or ten minutes later, oops, the switch was flipped again, the extra syllables were back. This went on all day! At one point Joe looked over at me and said “I hope all this switch flipping doesn’t start a fire”. Funny! Listen, you may as well laugh at your troubles, crying just gets them wet!

Joe decided to buy us veggie burgers at the park restaurant today for lunch. On the way up there, he suggested I practice ordering (I think he just needed another laugh). “Okay, two veggieacaba burgerterbers with cheese, onion, lettuce, mustard relish and one with tomatoabeecomba.”  Why most of the condiments came out clear but the tomato was a mess I have no idea. He decided to do all the ordering.

So today’s card is another Christmas card I made last week. This one was the last one I made so I was using up all the little bits of left over paper.

I sponged the gold ink on all the edges of all the paper, glued them down on a green card base which was also in my stash. The leaping reindeer is a Tim Holtz die cut out of heavy embossed paper which started out as blue and silver and glued to heavy cardstock also die cut from the same die, of course. Then I spread the same gold ink over the deer, and attached it with dimensional glue dots. All the gold bits are peel-and-stick. The ones on the wine coloured paper were left over from other projects and they fit perfectly here – which is why I never throw out even the smallest bit of these peel-and-stick embellishments. Not a bad looking card made from left overs if I do say so myself.
 
Cheers

Violet

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the way the deer is raised up off the paper....!! Your gonna have all your Christmas cards ready to go!! You go girl!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card and veggie burgers at the park, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...