Wednesday, September 25, 2013

More of Baby Finn's Scrapbook Pages

It’s been very quiet around our house – mainly because I have laryngitis AGAIN! I had it for 7 ½ weeks last spring and once again, following a cold, it settled in my throat. Joe thinks its fine for a day or two but he is used to my motor mouth and soon misses my chatter – which is pretty funny really. Oh well, the hands still work so I’ve been down in the lower studio playing with water colour paint and making cards. I’ve always wanted to do water colour paintings but was scared to try it. It looks so hard but Lindsay, The Frugal Crafter, (http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com) has some wonderful free water colour tutorials on her blog and on YouTube which takes the scare out. She’s a wonderful (and funny) teacher. She also sells some tutorials for the big sum of $3.00. I bought some and now I want to learn to do water colouring paintings – like I need another hobby!! I’m not ready to show my results yet but I will once I get some more practice in.

But today I thought I’d stick with the baby scrapbook pages of Finn. My daughter was almost 37 when he was born and I think they had pretty much given up on have a family. She waited until my birthday to tell me she was pregnant and it was the best birthday present ever. He did not have an easy birth (hence the funny quote bubble on the page I posted yesterday) but he was healthy so that’s all that mattered.

I love how first time parents just can’t stop staring at the little miracle they created. Glad I captured that special moment for them on film. These two papers came in a set so I just did the laying of extra paper, sewing along the edges of some before adding the photos. Blue and yellow seem to be the theme and they both had yellow stars on them so I went with that and cut out more stars from cardstock, coloured them, inked the edges and added them with dimensional glue dots for interest. A couple of the frames came with the kit and I made the rest. The baby bottles were hand stamped on cardstock, coloured and cut out an added with more dimensional glue dots. I also had a package of rub-ons so I used those as well as stickers. By placing the yellow frames on opposite corners of the two pages plus the placement of the yellow stars your eye automatically follows the yellow path around both pages – at least I hope it does. It did when I looked at it! Oh yeah, the monkey hat? His father’s sister loves monkeys and is passing the passion and she felt it was never to early to start!

Here are the two pages by themselves.


 

Tomorrow I’m back with a new card technique but that’s all for today.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...