Friday, September 20, 2013

Tea Cup Card

Yet another Friday is upon us. The year is whizzing by too darn fast.  Not much happening around this household out of the ordinary so we’ll get right to the card. This week Stamping Bella posted a sketch for us to use. Here’s my card using that sketch. Oh yeah, I did get my new stamps ordered from Stamping Bella. I wanted them all but it just wasn’t in the budget but I ordered my four favorite of the new ones and one on clearance to bring me up to the $55.00 for free shipping.

 
This is a very small stamp but I like it a lot. It was coloured with Tombow markers and then I added some glitter and a gem in the middle. The paper layers were all die cut using my Spellbinder’s Create-A-Card dies. The background paper is from my stash as is the strip across the side. I used a Paper Studio punch to punch out the flowers just to add a little interest. The sketch called for a flower on the bottom right and I found this pink silk flower that worked fine. I buy bunches of flowers from the dollar store and just pull off the flowers and throw the stems away. Much cheaper than buying them in packages from the craft stores. I just remove the plastic middle part as well. Before I added the button I sprayed both flowers with my homemade pink glimmer mix. It probably doesn’t show up well in the photo but in real life the petals have a real nice shimmer to them. I haven’t decided if this is going to be a Happy Birthday or a Thinking of You card yet but either one will suit this stamp.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...