Monday, October 21, 2013

A Butterfly Card

Another week is starting – and another week without a voice. I am now going into my 6th week with laryngitis. Once in awhile throughout the day my voice comes back softly but doesn’t last long – even if I’m quiet. I can have bit of a voice, go downstairs to my “lower studio” (aka the basement) and come up a couple of hours later and have either no voice or the Minnie Mouse voice. So odd. Oh well, it doesn’t stop me from doing anything but talking!  After Aqua Fit Joe and I drove out to his cousin’s church and picked up three apple pies for the freezer. I could make them myself but this helps out their church and saves me the bother – and they are delicious. We get their rhubarb pies in the spring too. More exercise will be needed!

Today’s card is a little different than my normal stamped and coloured images.

I was looking through my folder of peel-and-stick items (called Dazzles if from Paper Wishes) and most are lines, corners and sayings but I do have a few images. One package had these butterflies and the insides looked white. I’m pretty sure they came from The Dollar Tree. I thought to myself, “Self, why did you buy these blah things?” Well I peeled one off and there was a piece of black cardstock on the table and I stuck it on and WOW did it pop! The white parts turned to the lovely green colour. Who knew? Not me that’s for sure. I added a few of the circles from the same package too. It was then die cut with a Spellbinder’s square die; then I die cut a gold from the Spellbinder’s Majestic Square die to frame it – love it. The corners are also from the Spellbinder’s Majestic Square die set. Then I glued the entire thing to a black card base and put a Happy Birthday greeting inside. One of my friends wanted a birthday card for a lady and when she saw this one, it was gone in a flash! I’ll show you more of these, done differently of course, in future posts.

Until next time…

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...